Of Calabar bugging & the Super Eagles ( Season 1)


Calabar, clean, serene & lovely
I love Calabar, I won't lie, very serene and clean to say the least ( compared to most Nigerian cities) and when it was confirmed that the Super Eagles will play their last Group F match against the flames of Malawi, I was happy that once again I will get to see that beautiful city.

My journey started on Thursday as I had an Arik Air flight to catch for 2.05 pm, but as usual the flight was delayed from Abuja to Calabar, fortunately I spent the time hanging out with Kisu Sulola of SportsDay newspapers and Wale Ajayi of AIT and we discussed a variety of issues, mainly sports.


'

The best was yet to come at the departure lounge as I bumped into Malawi coach Tom Saintfeit, who surprisingly beckoned on me to come over and we exchanged pleasantries, needless to say he granted me an interview right there are the departure lounge of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport which you can read it here on supersport.com.

With Malawi coach Tom Saintfeit
Eventually my flight was finally announced and we boarded the plane alongside the Malawi entourage. The players looked small in stature compared to their Nigerian counterparts and i felt bad for them, but hey size doesn't play football, or does it? 

Malawi players on arrival in Calabar

One hour later, I picked up my luggage on the conveyor belt at the Margaret Ekpo Airport and headed into town to find accommodation. After all the hustle and bustle, I eventually found a decent hotel ( I won't tell you how much it costs though ). Fortunately i was in the good company of my 'Ogas at the top' China Acheru of Top FM in PH ( you all know him as the media officer of Dolphins FC of Port-Harcourt) and Oluwashina Okeleji of the BBC, who cracked me up to no beat, i think both of them can make it in Comedy...I truly meant it.
With NFF board member & pal Deji Tinubu

After grabbing some snack, I ran off to the Metropolitan Hotel ( I heard it's now Transcorp) together with the Ikwerremn and got to meet Colin Udoh of supersport and NFF board member Deji Tinubu, we exchange pleasantries and 'yabbed' each other before having short interview with Ogenyi Onazi who just shot some videos for the Super Eagles youtube channel.


I couldn't wait to rush back to the hotel and sleep because I was knackered to no bit. My day ended with a drizzle as the heavens opened. I hope tomorrow will treat me well too. Calabar una too much!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia