Rachael Ayegba doing great things in Finland

Rachael Ayegba continues to impress in Finland as her team PK-35 won the 2013 women Soumen Finnish Cup title for the third time in a row, beating HJK 2-0 in the final played over the weekend.
 
The former Falcons goalkeeper was in impressive form making some spectacular saves to ensure her team got the better of HJK in a keenly contested final.
 
Ayegba, who had previously played for Oladimeji Tigress and Ufouma Babes before she moved to Finland in 2005, told 9jafooty exclusively from Finland that she hopes to continue in such stead as
the team braces for the European Cup.
 
"The final was quite intense. We stuck to our game plan, did what the coaches instructed and luckily we pulled it off

"HFK were tough, but we kept it simple and fortunately got the goals that gave us the title again.
 
"This was our third time winning the Finnish Cup in a row, and it clearly shows that we are one of the top women team not only in Finland but in Scandinavia as a whole."
 
The newly crowned Finnish Cup champions will tackle Birmingham City Ladies in the European Cup for women and Rachael says this has been her dream, and will relish the experience .
 
"It has always been my dream to play in Europe with my team and we are soon to face Birmingham City of England.
 
"I'm already looking forward to playing an English team especially in England, and I hope I can help my team get a decent result when we meet." she added.
 
p
The former Super Falcons goalkeeper also revealed that she has not closed her national team chapter yet, as she is willing to honor any national call up if extended to her.
 
Ayegba, 27, who was part of the Africa Women's Championship in Warri in 2005 and the All Africa Games in Algiers in 2007, says it's always a honor to play for Nigeria and will gladly do so if called
upon.
 
"Nigeria is my country, I've been in Finland for about eight years now but that hasn't changed my affinity towards my country.
 
"It's always a thing of pride to wear the national colors and I wouldn't hesitate If called upon. But for now, I'll continue to do my best to help PK-35 do well in Europe."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria