Evbounwan to swim with Dolphins




A mass exodus has hit relegated Abubakar Bukola Saraki Football Club  of Ilorin, as one of their dependable midfielders has pitched his tent with another clubside in the Glo Premier League.

Lanky midfielder Stone Evbounwam has signed the dotted lines for Dolphins FC of Port-Harcourt, as he has opted out of playing in the Nigeria National League with ABS.

Evbounwam, who was a mainstay in ABS ill fated 2012/13 campaign in the Glo Premier League told 9jafooty

"I have just signed a years deal with Dolphins FC, I'm satisfied with what they offered me and I think it's the right step in the right direction for me.

"Dolphins have also began negotiating with ABS and I believe they will reach an amicable agreement."he added.

The former golden eaglets invitee revealed that a host of clubs wanted to sign him on, but Dolphins looks the best option for him now.

"It's true there were a couple of clubs in for me, but what Dolphins had looked the best to me.

"Leaving ABS was hard, I learnt a lot there and I was sad to leave my friends and fans, but I needed to make the move for football reasons.

"Dolphins offered me a chance to have another crack at the top flight and achieve my dreams."

Stone Evbounwam, who is currently in Benin to sort personal issues out,  will hit Port-Harcourt on Monday and resume training immediately.

that it was difficult for him to leave the Ilorin based side, but he had to for sporting reasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria