Odibe enjoying life in Kazakhstan



Nigeria and FC Atyrau of Kazakhstan  defender Michael Odibe wants a return to mainland Europe and Italy especially as he says he is happy playing football once again after his troubles in Ukraine.

The former AC Siena defender became a free agent when his Ukraine club Arsenal Kiev went into administration which saw him miss almost 3 months of action before he chose to move to Kazakhstan to continue his career.
 
Odibe, who has one cap for Nigeria, says the level in Kazakhstan is not entirely bad as many may want to think, but that he is glad to be playing and back to his best.

"The most important thing right now is that I'm playing football and my form is back," he told 9jafooty.

"My time in Ukraine was wonderful, I played with Dnipro and Arsenal Kiev until the team (Arsenal Kiev) went under. It was a challenge for me, but things are looking up now as I'm playing regularly at my club.
Odibe ( in green) marks an opponent. pic courtesy FC Atyrau
 "This is my second season here and I'm enjoying it. It's a step to bigger things. I would like to return to mainland Europe, especially Italy. I love the country and the people there."he added

Odibe has been consistent for his club side, playing all but three matches this term, scoring a goal with three assists for the central defender.
 
The tall defender says he hopes his form can earn him a move into the bigger leagues where he needs to showcase his talents so as to add to his solitary cap in the Super Eagles 2-0 friendly win over Sierra Leone under Samson Siasia in 2011.

"I had a couple of offers from France, Turkey and Italy over the recent transfer window but it didn't work out eventually,"Odibe revealed.

"I'm however concentration on Atyrau and our push to the top of the table because we are played 7th now with just eight games to go. Our league format is a bit different from mainland Europe.

"I'll be glad if i can help the team get to the top of the table. I believe it is possible."he said.

The former Flying Sport Academy graduate has also played for Gabros and First Bank before stints abroad with Belgian side Union Saint Gilloise, Siena in Italy, Ukrainian clubs, Dnipro and Arsenal Kiev.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia