The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation held its third meeting at the Venus Hotel & Suites, Uyo on Wednesday, 19th November, 2014 to discuss important matters around Nigeria football and resolved as follows:
1) Executive Committee apologized to the Federal Government and Nigerian football fans at home and abroad for the failure of the Senior National Team, Super Eagles, to qualify for the 30th Africa Cup of Nations finals in Equatorial Guinea. The Board resolved collectively to accept full responsibility for the mishap and called for patience and understanding of Nigerians while it pursued the cause of building a sustainable football culture for the country, and also work hard at engineering a resurgence of the National Teams through well –thought programmes and processes.
2) In view of the imminence of the resumption of Mr. Shaibu Amodu as Technical Director of Nigeria Football Federation, the Executive Committee endorsed a proposal that the current Director of Technical, Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme become known and addressed as Deputy General Secretary with immediate effect.
3) Committee also agreed to review the contract of Management Staff by the end of the first quarter of Year 2015.
4) Executive Committee adopted the reports of all standing committees and judicial bodies of NFF since inauguration of the present Board.
5) The Executive Committee set up an eight –man panel to look into proposals for amendment of the NFF Statutes. One of the proposals is to allow the South –East zone to produce one more regular member for the present NFF Executive Committee, as it is presently being represented by only one regular Member (Felix Anyansi-Agwu) as against two each for the other five zones. Chairman of the panel is Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi, and members are Ibrahim Musa Gusau, Oswald Atuake, Olaleye Adepoju, Mohammed Nasir Saidu, Ephraim Chukwuemeka, Yusuf Ahmed Fresh and Chidi Ofo Okenwa. Secretary is Joshua Onoja.
6) The Committee set up a three –man panel to look into the case of the Boards of the Nigeria National League, Nigeria Women League and Nigeria Nationwide League, with a view to determining when elections into these Boards should actually take place. Chairman of the panel is Barr. Chris Green while members are Otunba Sunday Dele Ajayi and Alh. Babagana Kalli.
7) Ahead of the 11th African U-17 Championship taking place in Niger Republic, 15th February – 1st March, 2015, for which they have qualified, the Golden Eaglets will resume camping in Abuja on 14th December, 2014. Similarly, the U-20 National Team, Flying Eagles, will on 24th November resume camping for a screening exercise, ahead of the 19th African Youth Championship taking place in Senegal, 8th – 22nd March, 2015.
8) In a bold move to improve the quality of coaching, match –reading and backroom analysis in the country, and ultimately to improve the fortunes of the various National Teams, Executive Committee adopted a proposal by its President, Amaju Pinnick, to sponsor 17 persons on a two –week, intensive training programme in the United Kingdom. The persons are: Sam John Obuh, Isa Ladan Bosso, Shaibu Amodu, Salisu Yusuf, Paul Aigbogun, Kelechi Emeteole, David Ngodigha, Edema Fuludu, Yisa Sofoluwe, Nwankwo Kanu, Augustine ‘Jay –Jay’ Okocha, Garba Lawal, Dahiru Sadi, Siji Lagunju, Ann Chiejine, Florence Omagbemi and Garba Musa.
9) Executive Committee ratified the results of the recent promotion examination conducted for members of NFF Staff.
10) The recently –constituted standing committees were updated, with each committee now to have five (5) members, and the other members to have co-opted status. Also, a Facilities Committee will be added while the Internal Audit Committee will be presented to the Congress for approval.
11) The Technical Study Group, which will be focused on getting talented Nigerian players into the developmental Leagues in Europe for the purpose of creating a pool of future Super Eagles’ players, and work hard at getting more Nigeria –born footballers in Europe to commit to representing fatherland, was constituted. Chairman of the Group is Augustine ‘Jay –Jay’ Okocha, while members are Benedict Akwuegbu, Celestine Babayaro, Michael Obiku, Darlington Omodiagbe, Finidi George, Taribo West, Tijani Babangida, Kashimawo Laloko, Henry Nwosu, Peter Rufai, Dominic Iorfa, Nwankwo Kanu, Dahiru Sadi, Gbenga Ogunbote, Mutiu Adepoju, Florence Omagbemi, Mercy Akide-Udoh, Ann Chiejine, Eucharia Uche, Salisu Yusuf, Alloy Agu and Benedict Iroha.
IN ATTENDANCE: Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); High Chief Emeka Inyama (Member); Mrs Dilichukwu Onyedinma (Member); Alh. Ahmad Muazu Kawu (Member); Otunba Sunday Dele Ajayi (Member); Alh. Baba Gana Kalli (Member); Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Alh. Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Alh. Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Chief Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Alh. Hussaini A. Modibbo (Member); Barr. Musa Amadu (Secretary)
ABSENT WITH APOLOGY: Barr. Chris Green (Member); Alh. Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member)
HON. SULEIMAN YAHAYA-KWANDE
CHAIRMAN, COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE