Aruna Quadri wins ITTF top award for 2014

Quadri in action-Photocred: Zimbio


Okay, so I know this isn't football related but it's a big deal that Aruna Quadri got awarded the prestigious Player of The Year award by the International Table Tennis Federation for the year 2014. A first by a Nigerian and an African.

The ceremony was held in Dubai at the Armani Hotel.

Big cingrats to him for a wonderful 2014 where he repped Nigeria's colors to high praise.

Currently ranked 30th in the world, Qyadri defeated the world number 1 Xu Xin of China and other top stars this year.

ITTF Star Awards
Quadri with his awrds- PhotoCred: Getty Images
“This is the best day of my career and I want to thank the organizers for considering me for this. I also want to thank all my fans all over the world for their support because this is unbelievable for me and I promise to continue to work hard,” Quadri told AFP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia