Sokari believes Eagles will soar again

Sokari in action. Pic courtesy shengolpix
Enyimba midfielder, Kingsley Sokari, is optimistic that 2015 will be the year the Super Eagles will rebound and claim their place among the top nations in African football after missing out in qualifying for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations taking place in Equatorial Guinea.
The 19-year-old, who is in the Super Eagles camp in Abuja in preparation for the international friendly matches against Sudan and Ivory Coast feels it is just a matter of time before the Eagles regain their lost glory.
“We are all sad that the Eagles couldn't qualify for the Nations Cup but that is all in the past,” he told supersport.com.
“(The year) 2014 is gone now and we have to look ahead. Nigeria has loads of talent that can make the country great again like 2013 when we won the Nations Cup.

“The journey towards a better 2015 will start when we play the friendlies in Abu Dhabi. We want to put smiles back on the faces of Nigerians.
“I’m looking forward to the two matches and I hope I get to play and show what I can do for my country, to defend the green and white.
“Training will commence this evening (Wednesday). I can’t wait to get started.”
Sokari was one of the outstanding performers for Enyimba as they finished in second place in the Glo Premier League and also won the 2014 Federation Cup beating Dolphins in a pulsating final at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.
The youngster however feels he has paid his dues on the local scene and hopes to move abroad to better his game and charter a new course for his blossoming career.
“I had a good season with Enyimba in 2014 even though we didn’t win the league,” the midfielder, who can also play as a striker said.
“However, my focus now is to take my game to the next level. I’ve been in the Super Eagles and Flying Eagles set up and I’ve learnt a lot.
“I believe I still have more to learn and I’m now focused on a new adventure abroad.
“I’ve got several offers from Norway, Sweden, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates. My representative is studying them for now to see which will be good for me.
“I’ll make the club public as soon as we finalise negotiations, but for now I prefer to keep it under wraps and concentrate of the friendlies against Sudan and Ivory Coast.
The Super Eagles, with predominantly home-based players will engage the Elephants of Ivory Coast and Sudan's Falcons of Jediane in a double-headed international friendly in Abu Dhabi.
Nigeria will tackle the Ivory Coast on January 11 and then meet Sudan six days later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia