Niamey Diaries (5) Pics, videos and more.....

Segun, Coach Ntseki, me and Nahmla
Hello everyone, your daily dose of my Niamey Diaries is here. It's a beautiful Saturday and I must say I'm pretty satisfied with how it went.

Tomorrow is the final game of the championship and we are going to crown the new African champions at this level.

 Ivory Coast who are the defending champions were knocked out of the competition in the group stages so South Africa and Mali have the opportunity to be the new champs.



Amajimbos celebrating

South Africa have impressed me and whole lot of other fans at the tourney considering this is their first time competing on Africa at this level. They've got some fantastic talent coming through.

The little 'skittle' called Siyabongakonke Mbatha has impressed me. He is a mini version of Pius Ikedia if you get my drift. Then there is also Nelson Maluleke who is the conductor of the Amajimbo's orchestra. He is a midfield general and will be a permanent feature in the Bafana Bafana soon.
Maluleke

Mali, in my opinion are the most complete team here. They are well balanced throughout from goalkeeper Alou Traore to centre back and captain Abdoul Karim Dante, they have a solid defensive unit. Boubacar Traore has been the man on the lips of a lot of scouts from Europe who have  shown up in Niamey. He and Sidiki Maiga have made Mali a team to fear.

I was at the South Africa team hotel and I spoke to the coach and a couple of other players. They all sounded confident going into the final game. Err... I also spoke to the team's media officer, you can watch the interview below:



Interview with Nahmla Mphelo, Amajimbo's media officer

Segun Ogunfeyitimi, Nhamla and yours truly
So I decided to go into town and do some shopping for Le Missus. I wont tell you what I bought. I'm headed home tommorrow after the final game so you might not get to read much from here till i recuperate from my two weeks 'up and down'.
Downtown shopping

E no easy at all. All man mus hustle abi. Bought a lot of artifacts, I'm sure Wifey will be happy. I've also got some souvenir for y'all. First to hit me up with the correct scores fro the final game two hours before kick-off will get a free gift in the post as soon as I reach Naija

I too sab abi?
Central Niamey
 Una too much, make I rest now, check supersport.com or ng.supersport.mobi for my 'big match feature tomorrow morning

Ehen, as usual, pics abi?



Cheers




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria