Skip to main content



KAA Gent of Belgium forward Moses Simon is upbeat Nigeria will start the Fifa 2018 World Cup qualifiers on a good note as the Africa zone of the qualifiers start this week.

The Super Eagles will fly to Swaziland for the first leg, second round Russia 2018 World Cup qualifier against the Sihlangu of Swaziland on Friday.

Moses, who scored in Nigeria's friendly game against Cameroun in a 3-0 hiding of the Indomitable Lions last month, is among 23 players invited by Sunday Oliseh for the clash.

The 20-year-old told supersport.com that he and the other players are rearing to go and hope for a good result in Lobamba.

"It's always a pleasure to come home to play for the Super Eagles any time. I feel honoured any time I'm called upon," Simon said.

"Playing in the World Cup will be a dream come true for me and the journey starts now.

"I want to give my best if I get the chance to play. There is nothing more important than representing your country in my opinion.


"Going to Swaziland will be hard and I don't expect us to go and get an easy win. There are no more small teams in football anymore.

"We have to fight for the win and we are ready to fight and get a good result coming into the second leg," he added.

The former AS Trecin player also insisted that accolades thrown at him because of his scoring form for Nigeria doesn't bother him.

Moses insisted he doesn't think about past matches but prefers to concentrate on what is at stake at the moment.

"I know I've scored two goals in my last three appearances for the Super Eagles (he scored against Niger in Port-Harcourt and against Cameroun ( see clip below ) in Belgium) but that's in the past,"he revealed.

"I usually don't think that way. It's not my style. What is gone is gone and I have to focus on what's ahead of me which is the World Cup qualifiers.

"If I score I'll be happy but victory for Nigeria supersedes anything.

"The game against Swaziland will be tough. We respect them, but we are going to do our best to get a good result over there," Simon enthused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia