Uyo Dairies: Day Two-Horror flick and some popcorn.


I don’t even know how to start this. I’m just not in the mood but I promised some folks I was gonna do this so here we go.

My second day in Uyo started at around 6.30 am when I work up with a bad headache. Evidently the groove from the previous night had taken it’s toll on me.

I haven’t really danced like I did in a long time but when you are with colleagues, you just have to catch all the fun you can. I dressed up and headed out for my usual early morning run.

Chris Ogugou was surprised seeing me dash off for my run in the light showers and wished he had my physique and mindset as per exercising.

Anyways, 20 minutes later I was back at the hotel and did some stretches too. China Acheru then called me to come downstairs for breakfast which was coffee, sardines and bread. That PH nigga can be a good guy if he wants to be.

Debola and Jessica Amadi came down to my hotel to see me with their breakfast in tow. I played a fast one on the Debola.

She stretched her hand for a hug and I refused. I saw the horror on her face, but I didn’t want to shake her.

I gave her a full, proper French hug and then the smile came back. That was our first time of meeting and it was nice finally putting a face to her name.

Queen John also found her way to the hotel and we played catch up as it was my first time meeting her also.

I later had a brief tutorial session with Richard Esiegbu Jnr, Jessica Amadi, Oham Precious, Moseph Ekine and Busayo Olowokere where we discussed how to write match reports and general stuff when it comes to football writing.

China Acheru insisted we leave for the stadium early as he envisaged it might get rowdy like the game against Algeria.

All set
I took his advice and off we went in Dr Bello’s car. 15 minutes later we were at the stadium, took a few pictures and went up to the media tribune.

It was fun before the game began, debates, banters and folks predicting the game but only if we knew what the outcome will be.
Before the mess that was the game
For such a stadium, the media tribune and the conference room is well below standard.

I don’t want to talk about the game itself because it left a sour taste in my mouth. I didn’t even attend the presser after the game because the room was like an oven.

In fact, a a point in the game I resorted to a bag of popcorn and a soft drink. It was like I was at the movies watching a horror movie flick.
Popcorn and Sprite for the pain
It was that bad

Chick flick? Hell nah
I, Jessica Amadi and Queen John headed back to the hotel but not after stopping over at an eatery to get food and drinks to take back to the hotel.

An hour later and we were on our way to the Eagles nest at Le Meridien where I met Farouk Yarma, NFF VP Seun Akinwunmi, Pascal Patrick and a few others.

A lot of folks were unhappy. The players too refuse to come out and after 30 minutes of waiting, Ogenyi Onazi finally came out.

He apologized for keeping me waiting (apparently the players had a meeting) and we sat down to do an interview and catch up.

Queen John wanted a selfie with Onazi and he obliged her. We finally left the hotel a few minutes to midnight and headed back to town.

It was a dull day. I got my predictions terribly wrong. The Eagles refused to fly and Uyo didn't
Predictions before the game. Went up in smoke. lol

On arrival at the stadium

With Benson Clement

With dat Nigga China Acheru
 bubble as such. I’m glad the party organised by the NSM on WhatsApp happened a day before the game if not?....

Met up with Sanipe, Faith Oluchi, Benson Clement and a few others back to the hotel as everyone dropped their 20 kobo on why the Eagles failed. Sanipe was very vocal, I'm not sure it was the passion shining through or the things in front of him speaking but clearly everyone wasn't happy.


I crashed at about 1 am. My flight back to Abuja was for 10:30am next day. No be say I go sleep late come miss my flight ontop the shege Eagles do me.


Comments

  1. Awesome, though I craved for a little bit about the match proper and some stuff you discussed with Onazi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia