Ikefe: Aiteo Cup final biggest game of my career

For Niger Tornadoes centre back Andrew Ikefe, the 2017 Aiteo Cup final will be the biggest game of his career even after a stellar season with the Minna based side.

Ikefe has played for Dynamic Sporting Solution, Kaduna United and Katsina United and despite raking nearly ninety games for the three sides, he says none of those games will be as big as the clash with Akwa United at the Agege Stadium on Sunday.
Ikefe, in white nicks the ball off a Gombe United striker
Tornadoes dispatched Nigeria Professional Football League heavyweights like champions Plateau United and FC Ifeanyi Ubah to make it to their first final in 17 years.

Ikefe told 9jafooty.blogspot.com that he is proud to be part of history with Niger Tornadoes and can’t wait for kick-off on Sunday.

“The Aiteo Cup final will be the biggest game of my young career and I believe it will end in victory for me and my team (Niger Tornadoes),” he said.

“We have really worked hard to get to this stage and by God’s grace, we will take the trophy back to Minna with us. The coaches have been working on our game plan and we are adapting well.

Ikefe, in blue strip fights for the ball against MFM
“I have played a number of games in my career but none will be as big as the final on Sunday. If everything goes according to plan, I will win my first major title.

“Akwa United is a very good side as they have shown in the league and the Aiteo Cup. It will be a very difficult game but we are determined to win the cup.

“It will mean a lot to me on a personal level if we get to win the cup. I've always dreamt of winning a domestic title and then heading out to Europe. I pray my dreams come true and I’ll do everything I can on the pitch to make it come true.” Ikefe added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria