NPFL 2017/18 PREDICTIONS AND MORE

The Nigeria Professional Football League resumes this weekend across the country with NPFL faithfuls eager to see their teams strut their stuff on the pitch.

As usual, the battle for the title will begin more so the battle for survival. One thing for sure is that just like death and taxes, a coach will surely be fired.

Not a question of 'if' but 'when'.

The NPFL is tough and unforgiving as such.

I spoke to a few league experts who dropped their thoughts on who they reckon will win the league, who will be relegated, what players will shine and which coach is odds on favorite to get the boot.

But before that, here is what I think;


My home town club Plateau United won't retain the title. They might manage to  get into the top six but that's it.

I think Kano Pillars will win the title this season. I'm not sure why I think so but my mind keeps tilting towards Kano. We wait and see.

New Niger Tornadoes coach Erasmus Onuh will be the first coach to be sacked and it won't be his first time. I also see Heartland coach Ransom Madu neck deep in competition with Onuh for who will get the chop first.

For the players who will light up the pitch I think Akwa United will enjoy the services of young striker Ajibola Otegbeye. Tosin Omoyele will make Plateau United fans smile with goals while new kid on the block Nura Mohammed will also shine.

Rabiu Ali will...well..be Rabiu Ali, Kester Kelly will also come big in Uyo.

I think Yobe Desert Stars, Kwara United, Katsina United and Heartland will drop down.


Tobi Adepoju (League Blogger)


*Enyimba International to win the title

Relegation? Yobe Desert, Go Round FC, Kastina United and Niger Tornadoes to drop down to the NNL.

I tip the following to hug the headlines

Austine Oladapo (Enyimba).

Victor Mboama (Akwa Utd)

Tosin Omoyele (Plateau Utd)

Nzube Anaezemba (Kano Pillars)

Ajibola Otegbeye (Akwa Utd)

I think Baba Ganaru of Yobe Desert Stars will beb the first coach to be sacked this season.


Emmanuel Nyabam (Former player, Lawyer)



*I tip El Kanemi Warriors of Maiduguri to win the league.

*Yobe Desert Stars and Kwara willl flirt with relegation.


Mboama Victor of Akwa Unuted and Nura Mohammed of  El Kanemi will shine this season.They are the onesto watch out for.


First coach to be sacked? That would be  Yobe Desert Stars coach. Babaganaru Mohammed


Mohammed 'Mowiz' Suleiman (Liberty Radio and TV)


*I tip Kano Pillars to win the title

Relegation candidates? Katsina United, Go Round FC, Niger Tornadoes and Yobe Desert Stars

Player I tip to shine is Austin Oladapo.

I think Erasmus Onuh of Niger Tornadoes will be the first coach to get the sack.


Faith Oluchi (Football Blogger)


*Akwa United will win the 2017/18 title.

*Ransom Madu of Heartland will be the first coach to be sacked this season.

*Nura Mohammed, Victor Mboama and Ajibola Otegbeye will shine this season.

*Yobe Desert,  Kwara United,  MFM and Niger Tornadoes will go on relegation.


Kelechi Onwudiwe


*I tip Enyimba FC of Aba for the title

*Relegation will be the thing for Yobe Desert Stars, Katsina United and Niger Tornadoes.

*A lot of players will catch the eye and I think the following will make fans smile [8:58 PM, Sunday Faleye, Tony Okpotu ,Michael Ohanu ,Ikouwem Udoh, Godwin Obaje, Felix Ogbuke
and Ibrahim Musa (Pillars)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria