Adi hopes for Eagle's chance



Portland Timbers striker Fanendo Adi has spoken of his desire for another crack at the Super Eagles even as the Major Soccer League in the United States kicked off earlier this month.

Adi, who is the all-time top scorer for MLS franchise side Timbers, has played in all the games his side has been involved in before the international break with an assist to boot.

He joined Timbers from Danish side FC Copenhagen initially loan before making a permanent switch in 2014. Adi broke the franchise record with an impressive 46 goal which caught the attention of Samson Siasia-who was the Super Eagles coach at the time.



The former AS Trencin forward was invited for the AFCON 2017 qualifying doubleheader against Egypt but didn’t get to play in any of the matches.



Adi feels he has a lot to give to the Super Eagles and is looking forward to showing what he can do in the new MLS season so as to earn a spot in the national team with Russia 2018 just around the corner.

“I’ve scored tons of goals for Portland Timbers but I’m looking to do more this season to help my team and also earn an invitation back to my national team, the Super Eagles,” Adi told 9jafooty.

“The season has just started here in America, precisely on March 3rd  and we have played 2 games before the Fifa international break. Even though I have not scored, I have an assist and have played all the games Timbers have been involved in.

“It’s been good so far because the most important thing is to get a first team shirt and then the goals will come. Mind you my team has a new coach and we are still getting to understand his style.

 However, my ambition still remains same to win the MLS title again. I have done that before and I’m still looking forward to doing it again.



For the national team (Super Eagles), I have always expressed my desire to play for Nigeria and I sincerely believe that my inclusion will add value to the team.

“We have a lot of good strikers but I can bring another dimension to the attack. I believe I have a lot to offer if considered. I have got an invitation previously but was not listed but I believe I will get another chance. Another chance will come again by God’s grace.”Adi added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria