Victory is sweet....the morning after.

                                    

The morning after a very significant victory for the Super Falcons and I feel so light. Picking the  France 2019 World Cup ticket has been the highlight of my Ghana waka.

Not easy penning down this series because there are loads of work to be done and delivered to your employers/sponsors after such games....hehehe...but the show must go on.

But sweet victory has a way of giving you unexplainable strength...

Anyways...Accra , hmmm...no wonder it's the capital city...Way too expensive, more strict and stern rules while working in the stadium...How I miss Cape Coast but we have to work through thick and thin though.


                                 


Okay...since I got to Accra from Cape Coast, it's three days now of living on snacks and fries....I barely managed to buy a Ghana jollof  (Accra version) but alas it seems the Cape Coast own is better or maybe I just fell into the wrong hands...

15 cedis wasted, na only the chicken I chop. Dang.

Bread, biscuits, roasted plantain and groundnut has been on my menu but alas I ate superb fried yam just before the Falcons game.

It tasted very good, well prepared...not like some Benue type, half done type..... I hold my peace.

Yes, we've had to switch our accommodation plans....God bless Blessing....wife material 1 million yards... she got the hook-up.

The semi-final against Cameroon had everything but goals. It was nervy for me and other journalists at the stadium and when Tochuwku Oluehi saved the first Cameroon spot kick, I knew it was gonna be our day.

When Ebere stepped up and scored to take us to the final and France 2019 my joy knew no bounds,  could taste the sweetness of the win in my mouth.


Ah, the boasting and banter from the Cameroonians was too much... Kai! Las Las we carried the day... Naija no dey carry last.

They deserve to be in the World Cup...I pray they get that ticket in their third place match...Yes! You read that correctly from me!




                                     Action from yesterday's clash. Victor Modo shot it

Game was good. Victory sweet sha...we became hot cakes for interviews from TV and Radio folks...

Faith, Sola, Blizz and myself were sought our for intervenes. We rep well sha...trust us.

Kwese Free Sports Ghana had a session with I and Blizz just after the game at their office...

Efiaodo (Kwese staff) is an item..Never a dull moment...


                    

                                        After the show at Kwese's studios.

Kokui and Yaw Ampofo, thanks for having us.

The "after party" was a treat to dinner...Light but tasty...The best I've had so far in three days in Accra...Yam chips and spicy roasted chicken with veggies...

Best meal in days
The hospitality at Kwese Ghana office was great...Friendly smiles all over the place.

No dull moment...

Thanks Kwese!!

Ghana is indeed a beautiful city.

Yes, Uber is functional in Accra... Affordable too.

Congratulations to Thomas Dennerby and his girls.

We look ahead to a great final on Saturday against South Africa. Let's right the wrong we made in the first game.


Three whole days to mix pleasure and work... I'll make good use of it!

Remember you'll have all the gist here so keep it locked down on 9jafooty.

Thanks Prof for this series publication.


Ekikere Monday writes from Accra Ghana.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia