Abutu joins Enyimba


Jonah Abutu-pic courtesy ShengolPix

Enyimba of Aba have continued to bolster their squad ahead the Glo Nigeria Professional League kick-off with the acquisition of exciting forward Jonah Abutu.

The former CAF Champions league winners are gradually rebuilding to capture their glory days, and the signing of Abutu will add to their attacking options boasting the likes of Kinglsey Sokari, Chimezie Amanfor and Bishop Onyeudo.

The Peoples Elephant, as the Aba based side is also known are currently at Ota, Ogun State preparing for the season, and the former Sharks man says he is enjoying the atmosphere.

"I've joined Enyimba of Aba and I have already joined up at the training camp in Ota." Abutu told 9jafooty.

"I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience for me as I look to play in Africa.

"Enyimba are known all over Nigeria and Africa and it's a honor to wear the famous strip of this illustrious club." he said.

Abutu, who has featured for Glo Premier League sides like Sharks of Port-Harcourt and Bayelsa United is optimistic Enyimba will make an impact in the coming season.

"I'm positive we will do well this coming season. With the calibre of players and coaches we have on ground I have no doubts our targets can be achieved.

"We will be hoping to win on all fronts as we play in the CAF Champions League, the Glo League and the Federations Cup which the team won last year.

"It is also a chance to reunite with my coaches at my previous clubs, Monday Odigie and Imama Amapakabo at Sharks. I'm loving it here already.

Enyimba finished in second position last season in the Glo Nigeria Professional Football League and were winners of the 2013 edition of the Federations Cup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria