Dimgba estatic over Eagles debut


Warri Wolves midfielder Stanley Dimgba says he is over the moon to have made his Super Eagles debut against the Black Meteors of Ghana in an international friendly on Friday.
Nigeria's home-based Super Eagles beat Ghana's Under-23 team (Black Meteors) 1-0 through an Emem Uduok goal in the 35th minute of a well attended game to commission the newly built Akwa Ibom International Stadium.
Dimgba, who came on in added time of the second half told supersport.com that it was a dream come true for him to don Nigeria's colors.

"I can't describe how I felt when I was about coming on. It felt like it was a dream. I was over the moon," he said after the game.
"This has been my dream and I'm glad it has come through. Since I was a kid, I dreamt of this day and to see it happen is absolutely fantastic.
"Nigeria is blessed with a lot of quality players and to be here and play is a great feeling. I'll cherish this memory forever," Dimgba added.
The former Plateau United player, who has been in great form for Warri Wolves this season wants to continue to feature for the Eagles after having a taste of the national team's set up.
Dimgba feels he has to continue to work hard on his game to get a look-in with the national team.
"Being in camp with all these players is very different from the club scene. I really enjoyed my time and I will cherish the experience.
"I'm happy we won the game. It was quite difficult because we just came together for about three days to prepare while the Ghanaian team has been in camp for two weeks.
"I have to continue to work hard to be noticed by the national team handlers. I want more of this wonderful experience and the only way to make this happen is by working my socks off," Dimgba enthused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Joseph Olowu declares for Nigeria