Madaki's Pillars adventure ends.

After a six-year career with Kano Pillars, Chris Madaki has ended his association with the Kano side.

The left-back, who joined the team from Giwa FC has played over 100 games for Pillars and feels it is now time for a fresh challenge with Plateau United as his favourite destination.

Madaki, a former U23 international, who is now in Jos holidaying feels he has given Pillars his all and wants a fresh challenge in the league.

“I enjoyed my time with Pillars and I want to thank them for the chance to play for a famous side like theirs,” he told Andrew Randa.

“The journey had ups and downs but I want to believe it was a success. I won titles and got recognition at Pillars and for that I am grateful.

“After spending six years in Kano, I felt it was high time I try other things and that is the reason why I elected to leave. It was a good journey but I want a new chapter in my career,” he added.

With the new Nigeria Professional Football League season approaching, Madaki said he’s got a few offers from clubs in Nigeria but is keen on joining home town club Plateau United.

“It is true I have had contact with a few clubs who are interested in my services and I am studying the details but I am interested in playing for Plateau United for personal reasons., the defender revealed.

“Being a Jos boy, I have been away for some while and so I want to come back and have a feel of my fans at home here just like I did in Kano.

“Jos is a wonderful place to play football and I want to delight my supporters here and also help my hometown team win laurels. For me, that has been one of my dreams.

“I have won titles elsewhere and I want to do it at home with Plateau United. It is one of the things I have always wanted to do in my career. We are currently discussing with Plateau United and hopefully, things will go on fine and I will join them.”Madaki enthused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL WEEK 8 MATCH DAY 1 RESULTS

Introducing Barca's Godswill Ekpolo

Shehu Abdullahi joins Al Qadsia